Pages

Friday, August 9, 2024

DIFFERENT KIND OF RIDE An Original short story by: Anushka Bhatt

 DIFFERENT KIND OF RIDE

By: Anushka Bhatt

As I entered a massive rainbow balloon that only depended on fire, I could feel my hands

shaking and quivering to the sound of the humongous roar of people chattering. I clutched my

hand onto the railing of the balloon as the cold breeze went through my hair. I took a deep breath

and knew that it was too late to turn back now so I just stood there as still as an iceberg. Soon, a

friendly man with a brown moustache approached my family and I. “Why hello there, are you all

ready for the ride? '' He said in a hyperactive voice. I shook my head trying to fake a smile when

my head was telling me the complete opposite. He soon lit up the fire and removed the rope from

it’s knot. We were going up. I closed my eyes shut and then opened them as we stopped

elevating.


I opened my eyes. I could see the whole fair from here! I still held the

handle with my life but looked around. “What an amazing view!” I said excitedly. “WOOHOO”

I yelped. This was an experience I could never forget but I still remembered the fact that I was

about 500 feet or less above ground and that thought shouldn’t have slipped into my mind. I

slowly closed my eyes again and began to feel air sick . I couldn't do this anymore I thought.

“Excuse me?” I don't think I can do this anymore-” I slowly drifted off into a huge pit of

blackness and by the time I got up we were on the ground. “What happened? I asked frantically.

“You fainted! Or slept? I’m not sure but you're awake now!” said my sister, confused.

Oh I thought to myself. “What happened?” I asked.



No comments:

Post a Comment