Pages

Friday, August 9, 2024

MY WORLD --An Original short story by Anushka Bhatt

 MY WORLD

By: Anushka Bhatt


As I elevated higher and higher, my eyes were closed shut. I couldn’t dare to open them until this

was all over. My fear was interrupted by my abrupt stop. I stopped.. I whispered under my breath happily.

I opened my eyes and looked at the palm of my hands above me and slowly lifted my head up to see a

vast land before me. What is this? I saw trees made of lollipops, and bright green grass ahead of me..

“WOAHHH” I exclaimed. I couldn’t believe my eyes, everything was so perfect exactly how I would

imagine my world. Suddenly I took a step and took a deep breath ahead of me. I suddenly ran and flew

with the wind, I could feel my hair blowing back and forth. I suddenly saw a candy house but

remembered the story of Hansel and Gretel and decided to stay back. As my history teacher said to

himself, “Don't let history repeat itself!!” and I go by that every day of my life. I quickly saw people and

ran up to them, but something was off about them from my distance... They were a-gingerbread men?

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I slowly approached one hoping it was friendly and realized they sounded a

lot like the gingerbread man from shrek, the movie! Why was everything MY style and what I would

want? This seems a bit weird..


I slowly layed down on some marshmallows and decided to call it a night. I layed to sleep

thinking that I should discover the candy house. Since everythings my way, why would there be

something bad? The next day I got my stuff to discover. I slowly started eating the candy house as I

remembered from the book Hansel and Gretel and slowly enough a nice looking woman appeared. She

offered me into our house and somehow I never got a strange feeling about her, she was so pretty! MY

version of pretty.. Weird again. Suddenly things started to seem more off and off until she made me eat

and eat, so much that I gained 3x my weight! I could understand or hear anything, it felt like I just got

three tanks of laughing gas indulged in myself. Soon she took me to the oven and I suddenly realized

what was going on! I banged harder and soon she told me her story.. “I actually used to have a kid, she

was just so sweet! So sweet that I could just.. Eat you.” and once you have the habit of eating children it

isn’t really easy to let go of it so she had to bake me I guess. Oh well, I said no way out as I looked up

and realized I could climb up so I did and ran and ran until I saw the edge of where I came from. I closed

my eyes and jumped.



No comments:

Post a Comment