High School Years
By: Sujal Mirchandani
Back in my youth, I thought that high school would take a long and stressful time to finish. At that time I believed that seniors were just adults who had already planned out what they wanted to do in life.However, since I'm now approaching senior year, I realize that I have no conception of what I'm doing.
It's as if I've just begun high school. Initially I was concerned about making friends, getting good grades, and not getting lost, but now people are discussing college, graduation, and the kind of careers we want to have. As for me, I have none of that figured out.
I believe that we spend too much time hoping for the next thing—freshmen hope to become sophomores, sophomores hope to become juniors, juniors hope to become seniors, and then seniors just want to graduate. We are always looking forward to something rather than simply enjoying what is going on at the moment.
I most certainly do have this flaw. Every single school year, I've just wished that school could be over already. Yet when one considers the matter, I'm likely to miss certain aspects of it. Specifically, I'll miss sitting with my friends, laughing over silly things, complaining about our homework, and getting extremely excited whenever a teacher announces that class has been cancelled.
At the moment most of them seem rather dull, but I think they're the ones I'll end up remembering.
High school isn't always wonderful. There will be stressful days, annoying assignments, awkward situations, and exams that make you wonder why you went to school at all. Yet there are also occasional instances that make the entire experience worthwhile.
My idea is that we should give up on trying to do everything as quickly as possible; we'll eventually graduate, so there's no point in speedrunning it.
One day we could actually miss those silly little moments, and honestly that's rather crazy to consider.
No comments:
Post a Comment