Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2024

How to Deal with Stress as a Teenager by Tejas Patel

 How to Deal with Stress as a Teenager

by: Tejas Patel

 

There are many ways to deal with stress as a teenager in 2024. Now, we have so many more resources to help us improve our well-being than in the past, when there were not as many. Another important thing to know is that just because you’re stressed doesn’t mean you are different or weird. It is completely normal to get stressed for a variety of reasons. I get stressed when finals week comes for school when there is a race that I am competing in for track, or even when my expectations are high from all around. Some broader ones are family issues, school, expectations, friendships or relationships, or even something silly like failing a math test. A recent problem I faced where I was a little stressed was when I got into a fight with my friend. I started talking to someone recently, and we became really good friends, but we had a conflict over something silly like truth or dare. During that, I was stressed, but one thing I remembered that is crucial to getting out of the situation is to calm down and think about what you can do to change it. There is no point in crying about something because it will not change anything. However, if you try to fix it calmly, then the odds of you getting out of the scenario will be way higher. Nowadays, there are guidance counselors in most schools, so if a student is feeling stressed or uncomfortable with something, they can talk to them about how they are feeling. Another thing you can do, if the option is available, is talk to a trusted friend. Talking out your problems is scientifically proven to help how you are feeling because you are ranting it all out. This next technique is not something that personally works for me, but it works for a huge portion of people. Meditation is a very common way to take out your stress because you are in a very quiet, relaxing environment where it is just you and your thoughts. It can get you away from all the loud noise of the real world. Exercise is another great way to let your emotions out. Every weekend, I go to a Hindu temple where I teach classes, sit in them, play, and meet my friends. There, I also have many responsibilities and expectations that I have to fulfill other than school. So sometimes, when work gets piled up, I take time out to properly figure out when I can do what I need to do so I can meet all the expectations. The last technique I am going to recommend is the backhand to all the other ones I mentioned. SLEEP. Sleep is one of the most important, if not the most important, factors in staying healthy and reducing stress. If you don’t get sufficient sleep, there are many negative side effects. Bad temper, aggressive mood, lessened concentration and focus, and many more. At least 7 hours is a good amount to be getting every day. In all, there are countless ways to reduce stress, but that only depends on whether you are willing to take charge and take on the task. There are many online resources to help when you are feeling stressed, so don’t feel like you’re alone. We are all in this together, and good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment