Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Safe Haven, thoughts & observations by Ria Purohit

 Safe Haven

Ria Purohit 

For years now, I have been retreating to this place whenever the sounds of the world decide to overwhelm me. It is the room that my parents assigned to me, and it is the epitome of comfort. Every aspect of my life is represented through the little details scattered around this room. My three trophies stand on a small table in the corner, a symbol of my memories from early childhood. My headboard is filled with books I liked when I was younger, when reading was the main pastime of mine. A lamp stands in the corner where my trophy table stands, and floods its light whenever I hear the click of its switch. These are things in my room that have been there for so long, the room would not be the same without it. 

There is a theme within the colors of my room, and that is mainly anything blue. Plain turquoise curtains, that are made with a rough thin fabric, and a sea foam colored comforter which has a soft warm touch throughout. There is a navy blue chair, whose softness has been worn from use; there is a pillow the same color as my chair on my bed that looks like it is giving me a hug, and also a sky blue blanket that has the touch of a sweater. Blue is an ever present theme, but other colors make their stand in this room as well. The walls are a chartreuse color, a muted yellow and green that reminds me of a light green olive, and they disappear into the background, providing a backdrop for all the other aspects of my room. The colors of my desk and headboard and trophy table are all a woody brown. My desk has a cold smooth touch, my headboard has a warm smooth touch, and my trophy table has a rough touch that happened due to time. The woody brown, the muted walls, and plain blues come together, to make the room appear like the colors at a somber beach on a cloudy day. 

My room is filled with characteristics that make it well suited for me, and for me only. It is almost impossible for me to leave the room, as its comfort constantly beckons me. But this room will always be my haven, and an escape to ground myself from whatever hurdles my life could throw at me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment