Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Dear Stranger, thoughts & observations by Ria Purohit

 Dear Stranger

Ria Purohit 


Hello there!


I’ve been taught many lessons in the short time I’ve been alive, lessons from my family and friends, the most important people in my life. My parents always encourage me to do my best and my friends make everyday a bit brighter when they’re there. That immense amount of love and comfort is something that I treasure deeply. Expressing that love is something my parents taught me to always do, regardless of who it is. There’s no feeling like that. 


But sometimes, I like to be alone. I like staring at the trees that have been there for decades in my backyard, I like making art that releases my stress, I like making music that makes me feel content. There’s something beautiful and comforting in being able to make art of your own creation. Our creativity is limitless, restricted only by the limits we place on ourselves. I’ve never felt more free and calm when painting or playing my flute. These arts have always been a part of my life, and there is something truly special about a life filled with art and emotion.


 My creativity stems from comfort and happiness. I know when I make a piece of art I will treasure it and hang it on my wall, and my family and friends will appreciate my efforts. Living this life, seemingly par-for-the-course, can be beautiful, and it makes life just a little bit more comfortable. Normalcy might seem boring, dear stranger, but you can always find beauty and comfort in something, and when you do, treasure it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment