Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Demon Slayer review by Chandler Wang

Demon Slayer is a recently-released anime about a world plagued with man-eating demons, kept at bay by an elite organization of swordsmen, the Demon Slayer Corps. The show had me hooked and the ending sequence of each episode was always a frustration to see. I watched episode after episode to see what would happen next in the unending, fluid action and story of Demon Slayer. The art style and animation are spectacular, the characters are fun and interesting, and the execution is top-notch. My favorite part of the show was Zenitsu, an incredibly timid but lovable swordsman who I couldn't wait to see succeed. Perhaps my favorite part of any hero show is the one character who's the underdog that everybody underestimates, and it's unbelievably gratifying when they finally show everybody what they can do. The show is only one season so far, but I have yet to see a noticeable flaw in its 26 episodes. It was an incredible show with great visuals and solid writing and I can't wait for it to continue. 9.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment