Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

“My GrandMa’s Special:Dates & Walnut Cake” by Yashaswi Bhati


“My GrandMa’s Special:Dates & Walnut Cake”  by Yashaswi Bhati

Our Grandparents always hold a special place in our hearts,so does my Grandma.She’s an amazing woman.So full of enthusiasm.Always so kind and cheerful .Shes also an amazing chef.Although we don’t get to see each other that often as she’s in India,but I just can’t forget the taste of her yummy cakes & cookies.Especially her dates & walnut cake recipe .
My mom has this food blog and there I saw this recipe of cake where she mentioned it’s my moms recipe,when I read it I knew it’s the same recipe of my favorite cake .I asked her can we try this recipe together and she was more than happy to help me,so the next day itself we got all the necessary ingredients & we made this amazing cake & yes it turned out quite good.You know we don’t use any egg in this cake recipe but no one can figure that out.so here I am sharing this recipe with you all ,do try it I m sure you’ll love it !!

All you need/Ingredients 
Milk 1/2 cup
Butter 2/3 cup
Dates 8 oz (I’ve used sun-sweet California pitted dates brand)
Sugar 2/3 cup
All purpose flour 1&1/4 cup
Chopped Walnuts 1/2 cup
Almond extract 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract 1 tsp

Recipe
1.Soak dates in hot milk for 1/2 hr.
2.After 1/2 hr blend the dates & milk mixture into a thick consistency paste.
3.Preheat oven at 375*F.
4.In a mixing bowl take butter (room temperature) and sugar ,blend by hand blender till the mixture turns out light & fluffy.
5.Add vanilla and Almond Extract.
6.In a separate bowl mix all purpose flour,baking powder & baking soda .
7.Now add this dry mixture to the batter of butter and sugar little by little now add the dates & milk paste into this mixture & blend everything nicely by hand blender for 2-3 mins.
8.Now add chopped walnuts in the batter and mix well.
9.Place this batter in the greased cake tin & place the tin in the preheated oven for about 35 mins or till you see a nice golden glaze on the top.
You can check whether the cake is done or not by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake if it comes out clean that means the cake is done otherwise you can leave the cake in the oven for 4-5 mins more.
10.Delicious date & walnut cake is done take it out of the oven & let it cool completely over the cake rack .
You got to try the recipe to believe me,it tastes yummm...mm .Thanks GrandMa for this amazing recipe & for being my Inspiration.



(Enclosed pic is from my moms food blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment