Is the S8 gr8?
Samsungs flagship phones are a major part of what people think of when they think of Android. In fact, many people regularly use the names Samsung and Android interchangeably. Due to all that there is a lot of hype around the launch of the S8 (Officially launches on April 21).
Great new features in the S8 include:
- The “Infinity display”. Samsung took the “edge” concept from the S7 to a new level with a bigger display in the same phone size.
- The front camera went from 5 Megapixels on the S7 to 8 Megapixels on the S8.
- The new iris scanner allows quick access to your phone. All you have to do is open your eyes!
Poor design choices on the S8 include:
- They didn’t really upgrade the back camera. In fact it has the same number of megapixels and the S8 (12 Megapixels).
- Like another phone brand (starts with A ends with pple) Samsung decided to kill their home button but they took it a step forward and put the finger print scanner on the back. This makes it uncomfortable to unlock and makes you more likely to smudge your camera.
- Bixby... It’s Samsung's new personal assistant that has its own button. Unfortunately google already has a inbuilt personal assistant called Google Assistant. Bixby is really just bloatware.
In this case the pros outway the cons because the cons are really just minor inconveniences compared to the amazing functionality of the S8. In short, this is a great phone!