What to do When you are Bored
by Krisha Shah
Boredom. Whenever I am bored, I find that anything that I would normally do lasts about five minutes before losing its enjoyment. I personally find that I can no longer focus on anything besides the clock, and end up eating to pass the time. This is obviously not ideal, so here are some alternatives you can use to get rid of boredom:
- Make dessert. Instead of eating food, you can make something. If you are looking for a longer solution, bake a batch of brownies or make a cake. For something shorter, make a milkshake or a smoothie.
- Do a fun DIY. Find a fun craft that you can do. Depending on the time you have, find a reasonable craft online.
- Catch up with an old friend. Find a friend that you haven’t talked to in a while. Talking to them will make you feel better and more refreshed.
- Finish long-term projects/homework. Dig into the projects and homework assignments that aren’t due until a few weeks for now. By starting on these projects, you will relieve yourself from potential stress.
- Paint your nails or do your hair. Paint your nails with an intricate design. It will consume time while still rewarding you afterwards!
Ultimately, boredom busters will depend solely on you. Find something that is the most reasonable for you and follow through with it. Good luck!