What happened to the nets???
Honestly, I still find it crazy how quickly the Brooklyn Nets went from being one of the favorites to win the championship to having to rebuild their team. After the 2021 season ended in such a disappointing way, James Harden was the first superstar to leave, followed by Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. All three players who were supposed to lead the Nets to a championship were eventually traded away. I was honestly disappointed with how the whole situation went. I would have loved to see that 2021 team run it back, especially after they recovered from injuries and after how close they were to making the Eastern Conference Finals. Unfortunately, the Nets failed to make it out of the first round in the next two seasons and eventually went 20-62 during the 2025-26 regular season.
Now, the Nets are in a completely different 7, but I do think there is some potential for the future. They have acquired players like Julius Randle and Michael Porter Jr. and drafted Mikel Brown Jr., so it's a start. Still, it is crazy to look back at how much changed in only a few years.
What struck me about this is how this isn't the first time a great team can be doomed by injuries. Just like the Golden State Warriors did during their dynasty. A team could have everything they need to win, but injuries can change their future completely. The Nets are an example of just how quick that can happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment