We Don't Appreciate Normal Days Enough
By: Sujal Mirchandani
I think we spend way too much time waiting for something exciting to happen. We wait for the weekend. Then we wait for summer. Then we wait for vacation. Then we wait for our birthday. Then we wait for graduation. It feels like we're always waiting for the next big thing.
Most days aren't anything special. You wake up, go to school, come home, eat, do homework, go on your phone, and go to sleep. Then you do basically the same thing again the next day.
It sounds boring, but I think those normal days are actually pretty nice.
You don't realize it while it's happening, but some of the most random moments can become good memories. Sitting with your friends at lunch. Laughing about something stupid in class. Going somewhere with your family. Getting food after school. Even just sitting around talking about nothing.
At the time, you don't think, "Wow, this is going to be a memory I'll miss someday."
You just think it's a normal Tuesday.
I think that's the problem. We are always looking for the big moments, so we don't pay attention to the small ones.
When I was younger, I never thought I'd miss simple things. I thought I would only remember big events like vacations or birthdays. But now I can remember random little things that seemed completely unimportant at the time.
Maybe that's what makes them special.
You don't have to be doing something crazy every day to have a good life. Sometimes a normal day where nothing goes wrong is actually a pretty good day.
So I think we should stop waiting for life to become exciting all the time. Enjoy the boring days too.
Because one day, we might look back at those boring days and realize they weren't really boring at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment