Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2026

I believe, a poem by Rishi Patil

 I believe

That everything happens for a reason

And that people

Eventually

Will get what they deserve

And this only strengthens my resolve to be better

Be kinder

Work harder

But at the end of the day

It’s so hard to believe

So hard to just trust that things will go right if I keep fighting for it

Because at the end of the day

There is no reason for me to believe

People suffer every day

No one deserves that

And people can live lavish lives without lifting a finger

They don’t deserve that

And in this world

With so much injustice

There is a kid

Claiming that everyone gets what they deserve?

It’s ridiculous

It’s stupid

It’s naive and it’s really just dumb

Why should I even believe?

And that is a question I don’t have the answer to

But I can do one even better

Why shouldn’t I believe?

What’s the problem in tricking yourself into being better?

I’m working hard and sometimes I’m still failing

Not every day is amazing

But if I can trick myself into thinking that I’m going to get better

Why wouldn’t I want to get even better?

Even kinder

Even stronger

Even smarter

And if you keep believing that it’s just a matter of effort

Then it’s really a self-fulfilling prophecy

Because you will become better

And your life will turn around

And you won’t need to trick yourself

When you’re back your feet climbing closer and closer towards success

No comments:

Post a Comment