Goodbye, a narrative by Rishi Patil
I walked out of the hallway with all my friends in my grade, more or less ready to leave middle school for good. Teachers were raising packs of tissue papers as they got ready for the onslaught of sadness that would come over everyone. I didn’t take any. I don’t cry that much for stuff like this.
However, as I walked through the halls and saw people I have made countless memories with move past my line of sight, I realized what was really happening. I was leaving. And it was going away. All of it.
All too fast, I made it through the seventh graders without a tear dropping from my eyes, somehow, some way. That all changed as I stepped foot into the sixth grade hallway full of people I had met only that year. People who were going to do amazing things without me. One long hug was all I needed for tears to fall. My voice turned mushy and my vision went blurry. By the time I was down the hall, I was a mess. I gave a last hug to some of my teachers and stepped out of middle school for the last time, still bawling my eyes out.
But honestly, I didn’t want to stop crying. It’s weird to say that the feeling of sadness I felt was unlike anything I felt. The bittersweet feeling that enveloped me was truly just beautiful. A physical manifestation of all the connections I had shared and moments that I cherish with all these amazing people that I was so blessed to meet. It was incredible how much these guys meant to me. Miss you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment