Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, here’s why by Ibrahim Rogers

 Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, here’s why. 

As a hard believer in breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I feel like I should share the reasons why breakfast is so essential. When I skip breakfast, I feel so much more empty than when I skip lunch or dinner. I also feel like I have more energy and can concentrate better during school when I eat in the morning. That's why you will often hear people recommend eating a good breakfast before a big test. It is hard to focus when you're sitting there thinking about how hungry you are. Research supports some of this too. A systematic review that looked at 45 studies found that eating breakfast had short-term benefits for certain areas of cognition, especially attention, executive function, and memory.

Another interesting statistic is that between 20% and 30% of children and adolescents skip breakfast, making it one of the most commonly skipped meals. I honestly think that's a lot when breakfast can make such a difference in how you feel during the morning. For me, breakfast is definitely something I don't want to skip, especially before a long day at school or an important test. Everyone might have their own opinion about which meal is the most important, but based on how I feel and what the research shows, I think breakfast deserves the title.

Adolphus, Katie, et al. “The Effects of Breakfast and Breakfast Composition on Cognition in Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Review.” Advances in Nutrition, vol. 7, no. 3, 1 May 2016, pp. 590S-612S, 10.3945/an.115.010256.


No comments:

Post a Comment