Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Why I Recommend Reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerlad by Kavin Sivakumar

 Why I Recommend Reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerlad 

Kavin Sivakumar


The Great Gatsby written by F. Scott Fitzgerlad is a novel that is filled with surprising events, and follows deep themes such as why recreating the past is dangerous. Although the story was published in 1925 the themes that are learnt throughout the story are still relevant, and can still apply to many people today. The story takes place in the 1920s  in New York, and the story follows Nick Carraway as he meets his neighbor, Jay Gatsby. I believe this story will let you see that happy memories in the past should stay in the past, and trying to recreate it will only lead to consequences.


One of the main reasons I would recommend reading The Great Gatsby is because of the characters that are in the story. I mentioned two of the major characters, Nick and Gatsby, but they’re still many major characters that impact the story greatly. I find this important because when you first meet the character they seem minor, and not important to the story, but as you read on you will see the “minor” characters end up having a big role and impact on the story. In addition, the emotions, and personality of the “minor” characters play a major role on the main characters actions, and motives. I believe this is what makes The Great Gatsby different from most novels.


Another reason I would recommend reading this novel is it shows the danger of recreating the past. The story shows how even if you have all the money, and power in the world, trying to recreate the past exactly will lead to failure and disappointment. The story shows how people's emotions can change, and that trying to ignore your true emotions in order to try to recreate the time you were happy will only lead to you feeling disappointed. Also, the story highlights the point that you have to accept that people change, and refusal to accept change will only lead to disappointment later on in life.


​​ The novel is engaging, exciting because the story is well paced, and the events in the story don’t seem too sudden or too late. I find this point important because many people don’t like reading classic novels because they are considered to be paced slowly, however in The Great Gatsby the events happen in a timely fashion, which makes it enjoyable to read.


Overall, The Great Gatsby is a great novel to read if you have some free time or if you are looking to start a new book. The characters in the story will help drive the plot, and keep you invested in their lives. The lesson of recreating the past the story teaches us can help us see the past in a different way. Also, the pacing of the book makes it easy to read since the book keeps the story going without making the reader wait for a long time for the next major event to happen. All of these factors are what make The Great Gatsby such an amazing novel to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment