Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Random Word Generator , a poem by: Aditi Chaugule

 Random Word Generator

By: Aditi Chaugule


It’s 8:01pm

I opened up a random word generator

Functional, it reads

On this overly bright screen


Am I truly functional?

Or am I just there,

In this world

An organic B   L  in the universe…?

        O   B


I did what anyone would do

I look up the definition of 

functional

It means to have a specific task 

and be good at it

Well,

Living is a task

A mechanical task

That I am seemingly good at

‘15 years without breaking a sweat!!’

That must be some feat?


But wait,

If I am mechanical

I will never have just one function

Because machines are

presumed 

Multitaskers


So, what is my other task?


To be honest, 

Sometimes when i’m stumped about something,

I resort to baby logic

I guess…

Machine 

Doesn’t equal

Human

So how am I required to be functional?


My conclusions:

  • Functionality is a made up word (as all words inherently are)

  • I am no machine, so I do not have to always be functional

  • Functionality is relative (now I sound like Einstein)

  • Its 8:28pm… and I’m tired


Do what makes you functional(and happy) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment