Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2023

The Modern Break-Up author Daniel Chidiac, Book rec by Svetina S

 Book Rec: The Modern Break-Up by Daniel Chidiac

Article by: Svetina Shi


    In our fast-paced society, it seems like things are changing every day. From technological advancements to clothing and fashion trends, nearly everything has undergone drastic changes as time has passed. Romance is no exception. Romance these days is extremely different from how it was in the 1900s, and Daniel Chidiac addresses this drastic shift perfectly in his book, The Modern Break-Up.

    This book goes over the details of what romance is like today and why it's so confusing. I thought this book had a great insight into how social media is now playing a big factor in relationships. However, the book also addresses issues that have been going on for as long as romance has existed, such as miscommunication and misunderstanding. The book switches perspectives from all types of people, from men to women to mothers, and it demonstrates how everybody has a distinct perspective on love and how we all go through different experiences.

    I have always been a fan of the philosophy of love, and I am particularly interested in learning more about it. Therefore, I loved this book. It showed me a new perspective that I had never thought about before, and I learned many alarming truths about life today. However, I do admit that it's not for everyone. The characters go through very specific scenarios, and if you can't relate to at least one of them, the book might be a little bit difficult to get through. Additionally, it feels like more of an informative book than a novel, as it is less like one consecutive story and more like several small stories pieced together- so it may feel a bit noncontinuous. Regardless, I still think the book reveals valuable information about our society today and I thoroughly recommend it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment