Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Meditation: Healing the Soul Article by: Svetina S

 Meditation: Healing the Soul

Article by: Svetina S


In the hectic nature of our everyday lives, it’s hard to get a break. We’re surrounded by constant stimulation, from the flashy videos on social media to the seemingly incessant background noise of cars driving past our homes, blasting music or honking their horns. In a world like ours, we can often get sweeped away with the energy of life around us and lose the focus of what we really are. The simple solution to reconnecting with our inner selves? Meditation.

Meditation comes in many forms, but my favorite way to practice it is simple and can be done anywhere. Simply set a timer for twenty minutes, or your desired length, and sit down and close your eyes. If you prefer, you can play music or a podcast, but I think that silence allows me to most deeply connect with my thoughts. Although silence may be uncomfortable, it’s important to get rid of distractions that may break your stream of thought.

Some things you might want to think about are: 

  • What have I been avoiding recently?

  • How can I get to where I want to be?

  • Am I being true to myself in the words I say and the actions I do?

  • How can I make myself better?

  • What do I want? What do I need? Are they the same things?

  • What am I afraid to tell other people?


Everyone is going through their own experiences, and these questions are not set in stone. Choose to think about what will help you most. Don’t be afraid of the answer- you must embrace every part of yourself, even the ones that you don’t like. That is the only way you can truly understand who you are, and from there make decisions that help you instead of hurt you. Good luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment