“Ten Ice Cream Hacks That Will Revolutionize The Way You Eat Ice Cream”
Do you want the latest ‘scoop’ (excuse the pun) on ice-cream? As the weather gets warmer, you’ll probably find yourself devouring pints and pints of this tasty treat. Here are simple ice cream hacks that work like a charm!
1. Before filling an ice cream cone, place a marshmallow in the bottom. This will prevent your ice cream from dripping through the base of the cone. Besides, who doesn’t love marshmallows?
2. To easily scoop ice cream from a tub, wet a knife in hot water and cut the ice cream in squares. It’s much simpler to scoop.
3. Ice cream is something that has a perfect consistency. To get a creamy yet frozen texture, place the tub in a plastic bag and freeze.
4. Are your parents lecturing you on eating habits? Well, you can still enjoy ice cream with a slightly healthier twist. Carve an apple in the shape of a cup and use it as a bowl. (P.S: It requires no washing and is fully edible!!!)
5. Feeling lazy? You can make your own ice cream in five minutes, guaranteed. Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar with a cup of half-and-half and some vanilla, and pour the contents in a pint-sized plastic bag. Seal. Take a gallon-sized bag and fill it halfway with ice. Pour ½ cup of salt (I know, high sodium) on top and place the pint-sized bag inside the ice-filled bag. Shake vigorously for 5-8 minutes and enjoy! By the way, your arms will get a good workout!
6. Are you looking for a colorful treat for those sweltering summer days? These gummy popsicles with Sprite make for a delicious dessert. Add 10 gummy bears to a popsicle mold, and pour Sprite (any flavor) until the ‘fill’ line. Insert the popsicle stick and freeze them overnight! It seriously requires two minutes to make -- simple yet scrumptious!
7. Coming to an end of that jar of luscious Nutella is tragic. Sadly, we’ve all been through this. You can wipe those tears and turn that frown upside down, because you can scoop ice cream in those jars (even empty ones). Ah… heaven...
8. A healthier alternative to sugary popsicles is yogurt. Freeze your favorite yogurt flavors, stick a plastic utensil of choice through the top, and voila! Something you can be proud of!
9. Let’s keep the healthy treats movin’, because this next hack is something you probably never thought of. Bananas are great replacements for ice cream; you can freeze 3-4 of these fruits and mash them to enjoy as ice cream!
10. Get ready... if you want popsicles, but don’t want to clean up a mess, stick the popsicle in a cupcake liner. It's borderline genius!