How to save battery life
Are you tired of having your phone die in the middle of the day? This is how you can fix that!
- Low Power Mode. This one may seem obvious but it's extremely useful. While “Low Power Mode” the name of this option on iPhones, most modern phone ship with something similar built in. In most cases it is extremely useful because it comes straight from the manufacturer and was made for the exact model you own. It will do things like limit background apps and dim your screen automatically.
- Lower screen brightness. The screen takes up the majority of your battery life. Dimming your screen can be a easy way to extend your battery life. If you are like me and want keep “auto-brightness” on but still want a sim if screen you can try the following (on iphone): go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations and turn on “Reduce White Point” You will get a bar with a percentage on it. You can change it to the lowest brightness you are comfortable with andirons will scale with the auto-brightness. (May not work on older versions of iOS)
- Turn off Background App Refresh. This is another iOS term but a similar thing exists on Android. Turning this off will stop apps from running in the background. In iOS you can choose with apps to turn off by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh there you can select which apps you want to keep from running or you can turn all of them off with the first switch.
- Turn off Location Services. Using the GPS can waste battery life. You can stop apps from using your location in the background (on iOS) by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. There you can turn it off completely or stop specific apps. Androids have similar options in the settings app.
- Find the problem. You can always check exactly what was using your battery. Both OSs have a Battery usage section of their settings. To get to the iOS one go to Settings > Battery. After it finishes loading (the more apps you have the longer it will take) you will have a list of the apps and features that have used your battery and how much they used.
I hope this has helped you extend your battery life!