Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Things I've Learned as a Freshman by Rohith Kariveda

I'll try not to sugar coat things: if you are going into high school, you will find your world flipped upside down. Most things you will get to master on your own; however, there are still some things that I wish I had known when I was starting school last year. Here are two things that I have learned that would have helped me if I had known them when starting high school:

Things That I've Learned As A Freshman:

Don't procrastinate - By the time I entered high school, this had been the most popular advice given to me. This is definitely an irrefutable fact - if you wait till the last minute to do something, you will stress yourself out and complete the task below expectations. The high school is notorious for giving kids long term projects, and if you can learn to do things early, you will find that the tasks assigned to you are not as intimidating as they seem.

Chill out - I don't mean to scare anyone here, but freshman year is most likely going to be your easiest year. After this, you will probably take more challenging classes and have less free time (face it - it happens to almost everyone). Make sure to take things easy. Even if school seems hard, acknowledge the fact that it will only get harder. Make time for yourself, and make sure I have fun no matter what other work you have to do.

Remember, this is an ephemeral and precious time in your life. Don't be consumed by your work even if it seems like you have a lot - be sure to make time for yourself and enjoy your life!

by: Rohith Kariveda


No comments:

Post a Comment