Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The End of the School Year by Joshua Liao

The End of the School Year

                I stagger home after a long night out, and I realize that the toughest times are still ahead. Such is the life of a high school student during the homestretch of the year. Courses are reaching their climax with the most difficult and important materials being taught. Everything that the teachers have said are coming together at this point. In this one particular incident, my high school sports team had a social night out, and I had to stay to the end. The event ran late and I didn’t get home until 10:30 PM. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the bus ride home. Then I realized that I had an enormous Biology test the next day, covering two chapters whose vocabulary I had barely even looked over. I sit down and try to calm down, holding back on the oncoming panic. In the back of my mind, I wonder about time management. Could I have avoided this? Well last night, I was up late trying to study for a test I had today, and last weekend, I was trying to finish a project that was due yesterday. So no, I really couldn’t have managed time better. Now I understand why all-nighters take place. Now I wonder if I will be pulling one myself. Summer is so close, and yet so far. Every last assignment and test grade could be the difference between an A and B. One bad grade could derail my hard work for the semester. So I stay up. In the end, I manage to get to bed at a reasonable hour (1:30?), walk to first block like a zombie, and live to fight another day.

Joshua Liao

No comments:

Post a Comment