People Take Birthdays Too Seriously
By: Sujal Mirchandani
Some individuals treat birthdays as if they are the most important day in the world. They begin planning months in advance and making an extremely big deal of every tiny thing that occurs. They're willing to wear exactly the right outfit, go to exactly the right restaurant, decorate appropriately, take approx 500 photos for Instagram, etc.
I don’t fully understand why people do thisI
At the end of the day, it’s simply just another day in your life. You're not a completely different person just because you were born on this specific day years ago.
I also think birthdays can create a lot of pressure. Sometimes people expect their friends to do something huge for them. If you don't post a birthday story, buy them a present, or say happy birthday in a certain way, they might get upset.
I feel like birthdays should be fun instead of stressful.
Personally, I would rather have a simple birthday with people I actually like than have some huge party just because I feel like I'm supposed to. Give me some good food, a cake, and my friends and I'm good.
I also think people forget that you don't need to have an amazing birthday every single year. Sometimes your birthday might be boring. That's okay. It doesn't mean your life is boring.
Birthdays are supposed to be about celebrating that you're getting older and spending time with people you care about. They don't need to be some huge event that everyone remembers forever.
So yeah, birthdays are great, but they don’t need to be an expensive and fully planned out event to show off on Instagram.
No comments:
Post a Comment