Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

AI: To Be Feared? by Nandan Kamalakannan

 AI: To Be Feared?

Artificial intelligence seems to be everywhere nowadays. It

can answer questions, explain difficult topics, create

images, translate languages, help write code, and even

"talk" with us. Sometimes, it seems like AI just appeared

overnight. Now it is a part of our lives.

At first, I wondered if we should be afraid of it. After all, AI

does things that used to take a lot of human effort. If a

computer can write an essay, solve a math problem, or

make a presentation in a matter of seconds, then what will

humans have to do?

But when I thought more about it, I started to look at AI a

bit differently. It doesn't have to be a competitor for

humans; it can be a tool.

Think about calculators. When they became common,

people didn't stop learning math; instead, calculators

helped people do long calculations quickly so that they

could spend more time thinking about the math problems

themselves. I think AI could work the same way. When I

don't understand an idea in class, I can use AI to help

explain it in a different way. If I am writing code in a new

language and it's not working, I can use AI to help explain

why my code isn't working. When I have an idea for a


project, but don't know how to start, I can use AI to help

me brainstorm.

I don't know what AI will look like ten years from now, but

I'm sure it will be a lot more powerful. The jobs we have

now might disappear, and new jobs that we can't even

imagine will be created. This does not need to be

frightening. Our grandparents saw television become a

common tool. Our parents saw the internet arrive. We

grew up with cell phones and social media. Now, we are

growing up with AI.

Instead of asking "Will AI replace me?" we should be

asking, "How can I use AI to be a better doer?" AI can give

us the answers, but creativity, curiosity, kindness,

responsibility, and the ability to make individual decisions

are human traits that can never be replaced.

So, I choose not to be afraid of AI; instead, I want to learn

how to use it wisely, because in the future it will not be

people who compete with technology that will succeed, it

will be those who can work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment