Pages

Monday, August 31, 2026

Are Phones Good or Bad By: Sujal Mirchandani

 Are Phones Good or Bad

By: Sujal Mirchandani


People are always saying that teenagers in this generation are addicted to technology, and honestly, I can understand why. Most teenagers spend a lot of time on their phones, watching TV, using iPads, playing video games, or scrolling through social media. Sometimes it probably does look like we can’t live without our screens. Because of this, many grown-ups worry about what technology is doing to teenagers and what it could mean for the future. However, in my opinion, I think technology has way more benefits than harms. I don't think technology itself is the problem. I think the real problem is how people use it.


First of all, I think the biggest problem with technology is how people use it. If someone is spending their entire day scrolling through social media and doing nothing else, then obviously that isn't good. But that doesn't mean technology is automatically bad. A phone can be used for school, communication, learning, entertainment, and many other things. It really depends on the person using it. Teenagers need to learn how to avoid distractions and control how much time they spend online. Instead of letting technology control them, they should learn how to use it as a tool that can actually help them.


The second problem, in my opinion, is how grown-ups sometimes look at technology. I feel like some adults automatically assume that if a teenager is on their phone, they must be wasting time. Obviously, that isn't always true. A teenager could be talking to a friend, doing homework, learning something new, or working on something important. I don't think taking away a teenager's phone every time they use it too much actually solves the problem. Instead, grown-ups should teach teenagers how to use technology responsibly and control themselves.


Lastly, I believe technology is only going to become a bigger part of our lives. Whether people like it or not, technology isn't going away. Because of this, I don't think completely banning it is a realistic answer. I think it is much more useful to teach teenagers how to use technology correctly instead of just telling them to stay away from it.


Overall, I don't think technology is the enemy that some people make it out to be. Yes, spending way too much time online can be a problem, but I don't think the answer is to blame technology or take it away completely. In my opinion, we just need to learn how to use it without letting it take over our lives. Technology is just a tool, and how helpful or harmful it is depends on how we choose to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment