Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Living the Confidence Code by Katty Kay, Claire Shipman, and Jillellyn Riley--Review by Ahana Sil

 Living the Confidence Code by Katty Kay, Claire Shipman, and Jillellyn Riley


Living the Confidence Code is an incredibly inspiring collection that showcases the true stories of 30 young girls from all over the world who manage to gain confidence, defy the odds, and fight for what they believe in. All of these girls have gone through their fair share of struggles, but their stories especially emphasize how instead of letting them bring them down, they manage to harness their confidence in order to stand up and keep fighting. I love how in this collection, I have actually found multiple people who I can relate to personally, and their incredible stories have inspired me to try and become a better, more confident version of myself who is able to accomplish more. It’s not even just stories, there are also tips you can use in your daily life and engaging interviews that help you feel like it’s so much more possible to use this book to improve yourself. Some parts even made me tear up because I never realized how many amazing people there are out there fighting for what the believe in, and I could be one of them too. While the “collection of stories” aspect may throw some people off, and it’s definitely not my usual style, I still had a great time reading and exploring the different worlds of so many incredible girls. I think everybody could stand to benefit from reading this book, regardless of gender. A certified 9/10 in my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment