by Vanditha Krishnan
We’ve all had those cravings for something extra special to eat. Most of us aren’t going to get up and bake a batch of macaroons, or for that matter, anything that requires more than ten ingredients. These brownies are extraordinarily awesome -- they are actually simple, requiring a mere eight ingredients. Plus, they are egg-free, dairy-free, and nut-free, meaning that anyone with a sweet tooth can enjoy!
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder or ½ cup of melted chocolate chips
- a pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil/butter (oil works best)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a mixing bowl, preferably large-sized
- a spatula/something to mix with
- butter/cooking spray to grease the pan
- an 8x8 or 9x9 pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder).
- Add in the wet ingredients (water, oil/butter, vanilla) one at a time and fold gently. *see Notes*
- Your mixture should be pretty thick and gooey (makes them all the more delicious!) Ensure that each ingredient is combined evenly.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan. Bake at 350°F. *see Notes*
- If you are using melted chocolate chips, add them to the wet ingredients.
- If you are using an 8x8 pan, bake the brownies for approximately 20 minutes.
- If you are using a 9x9 pan, bake for 16-18 minutes.
And that’s it! After cooling these brownies for 5-10 minutes, you have a whole tray of yumminess in under 30 minutes! Tell me that your mouth is not watering after seeing these :)