Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

Review of Today We Are Rick by Tim Sanders; review by Eddie Sim

Today We Are Rich by Tim Sanders is a book about harnessing self confidence to achieve what people previously thought was impossible. Tim Sanders often brings up what he calls the "Negativity Loop", a cycle where someone thinks negative thoughts, suffers from it, and keeps thinking negatively resulting in a downward spiral. In this book, Sanders discusses his "sideways years" where his life takes a turn for the worse and he makes continuously worse choices, creating a negativity loop. This is resolved as he remembers the confidence lessons his grandmother taught him as a child that he can apply to turn his life around for the better. The book also covers his clients who suffer from their own problems, and how he has helped them get their lives back on track. Sanders shows how to deal with a worst case scenario (it probably won't happen), and how to turn negative thoughts into positive energy. As a whole, Today We Are Rich is not a book on how to make profit, but rather being rich as a person and living life to the fullest.

I really enjoyed this book ever since I got it a few years ago. At the time I had been struggling in school and my own personal life, but this book helped me bring my confidence to a new high. I learned that the worst case scenario I imagined almost will never happen, and how to prepare for a better outcome. I feel like I’ve become more positive overall! I’d recommend this book to anybody who is currently in a slump right now, as it’s a short read but provides a huge amount of insight into how to improve yourself.





Eddie Sim

No comments:

Post a Comment