Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2 by Shweta Murali

Review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2
The highly-anticipated movie The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2 finally released on Friday, November 20, and unfortunately it was quite a disappointment to me. Being an avid fan of both the movies and books (Team Peeta all the way), the movie was not as engaging and intriguing as the previous three. I thought it would be the best because it is, sadly, the last movie of the series, but in my opinion it was not nearly as good as the others. The movie started off where Part 1 left off, with Katniss treating the injuries Peeta caused her. It continued to build on the love triangle between Katniss, Peeta, and Gale, as well as Katniss’s plot to kill President Snow. There is, however, one event towards the end of the movie that was upsetting, but also provided some sort of action, but you will have to wait to see it yourself (No spoilers here!). Movie makers, specifically those targeted towards young adults, have recently began splitting movie finales into two movies a lot more than they have in the past. This is to increase revenue, prolong the movie, and increase anticipation. I am usually a fan of this, as seen previously in Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hobbit, but to me it was not the best choice for The Hunger Games. Although the anticipation of waiting for part 2 made it better for me, I think that Mockingjay would have been better off as one movie. In addition, while I do love the couple of Katniss and Peeta, I believe that too much time was spent on the development of their relationship rather than the action taking place in Panem. However, despite its faults, I certainly do not regret going to see Mockingjay, Part 2. There has been no movie like it before and I do recommend that people see it, just do not bring your hopes up.



-Shweta Murali

No comments:

Post a Comment