Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Finding New Skills, at SBPL Written By: Aleena Khan

Finding New Skills, at SBPL
Written By: Aleena Khan


This month at the library, there are tons of events and activities available for teens. The SBPL library offers lots of activities for teens like an exercise class, conversation sessions, and a group for all things nerdy. In the past I have personally attended a class on how to make pizza, and in other session we got to decorate cupcakes! I had an amazing time and got to meet new people, and picked up a skill or two. The library encourages teens to come and expand their creativity. These days, most teenagers are indulged into their smartphones, laptops, and televisions (myself included). Sometimes it feels great to do something different, and it gives me a welcoming feeling that I can accomplish other things. I recommend going to the library once in awhile and trying an event; who knows- you might do well and go places! “If you want something in life you’ve never had, you’ll have to go there and do something you’ve never done” -JD Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment