Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Missing Robin Williams by Sagar Rawal

Missing Robin Williams
By: Sagar Rawal


Upon hearing the tragic death of Robin Williams, it got me thinking about why I was upset. The answer presented itself all around me as well as in my memories. Even my super reserved mom was sad at his passing away because he has been such a large figure in my childhood and her first few years in the U.S. I remember growing up watching his movies on my old CRT TV. From him I crafted my own style of humor copying his jittery excitement in Flubber, his over-the-top jokes in Aladdin, and his sarcasm in Mrs. Doubtfire. I’ll always remember him for his amazing ability to make others laugh, but I think his real legacy lies in the seriousness of his movies and jokes. He always dealt with thoughtful subjects in his movies, like heartbreak, the extent of parental love, and even honesty. All masked in a blanket of humor Robin Williams taught character and encouraged friendliness through humor. Undoubtedly because of his movies I have been able to make some amazing friends. Robin Williams taught me how to make jokes to lighten moods, deal with tense subjects, overcome sorrow, and most of all, that happiness is a choice. Although he could find joy in himself, I certainly think he was proud in the happiness he gave to others. We may mourn him in our hearts but I think we should also take this time to celebrate his outstanding career as well, and as a nod to him go see his last movie post-mortem, Night at the Museum 3 and laugh with him one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment